Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I am not sure why, but lately I don't seem to be getting to the computer until evening/night time.  It has been wonderfully beautiful out lately, so I have been spending lots of time out with the dogs and gardens the last couple of days.  Mornings have been spent working on cards and having fun while the chill of the morning warmed up.
So while I am waiting for it to warm up out side I decided to try something I have not ever done before.  I decided to try to make a single layer card, using nothing but Ink, embossing powder, stamps/stencils, and one punch.  This is what I came up with.  Not bad, but even better IRL.


I started with a piece of shiny silver cs, not sure who it is from, but I would bet Club Scrap left overs.  The first thing I did was stamp and emboss the butterfly and flower corner by Our Daily Bread Designs.  Then I took some white ink and a paint brush and painted all the daisy's white.  Then I went and got out my magical mica's from Lindy's Stamp Gang, sprayed a little water on my Teflon sheet, cleaned up my brush and went to work.

The micas and silver EP really sparkle here, sure wish you could see it.  Next I wanted to fill in the large vast space of the other half of the diagonal.  I knew right away I wanted to grab my Layers of Color (LOC) stencils.  Starting with Distress Ink, Pumice stone and the Victorian corner stencil, I laid a base with sort of a directional pointing in the direction the butterfly was going.  On top of that I laid down the Natural Flourish art stencil and began lightly pouncing a light sponge with white ink.  I kept turning the stencil to get the flourish to look very "wispy".  As I looked a the card, it said it needed a sentiment that was VERY full of flourish.  So I went digging through all my stamps and finally found this Happy Birthday on wood.  To make it stand out, I stamped it in black mixed with hologram - sooo sparkly.  When I was finished I took a simple Martha Stewart punch and did the edge.  The inside is very simple with a bit of the butterflies flow. 



Hope you enjoyed this.  I doubt there is or will ever be a challenge for this type of card, but it was ton of fun to do, and like I said IRL it is simply gorgeous.  It is definitely hard to believe that it has no layers or raised/touchable bling,  Bet this one fits in an envy!  lol, hubby will love it ;)

1 comment:

Jan Marie said...

It may be one layer, but it's a one layer wonder! Beautiful!! Love the butterfly and the texture added by the embossing! Lovely work! Blessings!