Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day three of being Thankful

Today is really easy to give Thanks.  Today I called my mom.  She is my best friend.  She lives about 10 hours north of me so we don't get to see each other very often and that really hurts sometimes.  We absolutely enjoy spending any time together that we can.  We can almost finish each other's sentences, we enjoy the same crafts/hobbies, and we both love nature and the gifts God has given us.  My mom is my role model, she was a SAHM while us kids grew up which was pretty normal in those days and is becoming so again.  My mother always wore dresses (when she was younger -- not any more lol) even when she shoveled snow.  She has a great sense of humor, she loves to laugh.  In those ways we are very much alike.  Simple things make both of us happy.  I wish I had discovered what  a wonderful mother I had when I was much younger.  Now that I look back, I see that I could have made her alot happier in a lot of simple ways.  So I take the opportunity as much as I can now.  God has blessed me with a Proverbs 31:28 mother, beautiful inside and out.  She taught me all she knew about God when I was a child, and she rejoices that I too am a Christian. 

God is so very good, and He has blessed me so very much.  Thank you Father.
 Blessings,

No comments: