Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Monday, November 21, 2011

20 Days of Being Thankful

They say Music soothes the savage beast.  I don't know about the savage ones, but I do know that I love music and so do my fur-kids.  My favorite music is light jazz, but I enjoy many other types.  It is probably easier for me to list the types that I don't care for rather than the ones I do.  I prefer music of nature and instruments to vocals.  I like to get lost in my music while I work or study, it seems to free my mind and my movements.  Sometimes I just like to move to the music and the fur-kids are sure that they need to move with me.  Imagine 3 or 4 Great Danes trying to move to the flow of music with a human in the midst, I see you smiling!  Music goes back to the beginning of time, my favorite book of music is the book of Psalms, here we have the words, but not the actual instruments, oft times I try to listen to what my heart tells me the sounds were then.  So many songs, so many different ways to hear.  Try to listen to what the artist is trying to tell your heart, feel with your whole body, open your mind and soul, reach deep inside yourself and just enjoy any type of music for the pure enjoyment of it all.  I am Thankful for the gift of music given to us through others.

No comments: