Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Tuesday, November 22, 2011

21 days of being Thankful

There are so many things we take for granted.  One of those things is having a roof over our heads.  When I go outside to run errands and it is raining outside, I am always happy to reach the indoors where I can dry off and get warm again.  When the wind blows, it is nice to come in the house and relax from being blown around.  We each have our own house, with our own stuff, and in the areas we like to live in.  There are still 3rd world countries where people still live in huts that have thatch roofs, and they have a tendency to leak on occasion. But we don't even have to go to third world country to find people without roofs.  All we need to do is look in our downtown cities and look under the bridges and in some woods to find those less fortunate than us without a roof over their heads. In the really big cities you find they each have their own box to live in to try to keep the rain out.  Now that in itself is some food for thought.
   Even though I like rain, I don't think I would be quite as happy if it was raining in my house.  Sleeping in a wet bed just doesn't get me all excited.  And working with constantly wet paper would get to be a pretty mucky job after a while.  So I am very thankful that I have been provided for in such a way that I have a roof over my head (and my crafting paper stays dry too {c:  )

No comments: