Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Tuesday, November 22, 2011

22 days of being Thankful

I am thankful for Water.  I love the stuff!  To drink, to play in, to clean up in, for almost everything!  Not to mention we are 98% water :)  But my favorite aspect of water comes in certain forms.  I love to sleep with my windows open and hear water outside.  When I lived in Florida I could hear the waves lapping quietly up on the shores at night, and during the day, I could watch it sparkle in the sun and see the dolphins or manatee rolling in the backwaters.  Take the boat out on the water and you can enjoy the ride and the view.  It wasn't anything to see a sea turtle paddling along way out in the middle of nowhere.  Very Cool.  I have also had the wonderful privilege of living on a river and I could hear the water tumbling over the rocks.  It is such a soothing and serene sound, it puts me to sleep in just moments.  You can listen to the frogs croaking and making territory challenges at night, or the bullfrog making his loud Harrumph!  Every once and a while you can hear a fish jump and re-enter into the water.  During the day you can dip your toes into the cool waters and they flow by, or perhaps your feet.  On really hot days, just going for a dip in the cool, clear water is a true blessing.  I do drink a lot of water.  Although some say water has no taste, it is only because they don't drink much of it.  When I visit my brother's they have city water and it is so strong with chemicals it nearly takes my breath.  Up near where my parents live there are sulfur springs everywhere and the water there has a slightly sulfur taste.  You can easily taste the iron in hard water.  When we go out to eat, I prefer my water to have a little lemon in it, it seems to mask most of the city water tastes.  I use water for lots of things, like wetting paper so I can crumple it and give it dimension or texture in a project.  I use it to clean my paint brushes, I usually have a cup of tea (made with water) or just a regular glass of water nearby so that I can grab a sip whenever I get thirsty.  Yep, I am very thankful for water.  It tastes good, looks good and feels good, Best of all, it's good for you :)  Thanks for stopping and have a great evening!

Blessings,

No comments: