Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

23 Days of Thankfulness

God has blessed me with many talents, art is one of them, but one of the others is my ability to cook.  Some people say the closest thing to cooking they can do is burn water, fortunately for me I don't have that problem.  I was born and raised in the country.  My parents were not well off, so my mother did what ever needed to be done to provide food when there wasn't any money.  That meant my mom canned, froze and dried everything in the garden.  Nothing was wasted.  But preserving food is a labor intensive job, so having a daughter, my mother regularly put me to work.  Consequently once I became an adult, I took on many of my mother's habits.  She required me to start cooking around the house by the time I was 10.  Now, I will tell you I am not as young as most of you.  When I was a kid, there wasn't such a thing as overprotecting your child to the point where they did nothing.  Child safe everything didn't exist, therefore, I grew up learning everything I was willing to put my mind to.  To this day, on a regular basis my hubby says I should start a restaurant.  I can watch something on TV and emulate it on the table without missing a beat.  Read a recipe, and know how to manipulate it to fit our tastes and it be out of this world in flavor.  I love food, I love to eat, and I love to cook.  I have been very blessed to have been given parents who felt that cooking and the knowledge of how to do it from garden to table was one of the most important things they could teach me.  Thank you God, for the blessings and talents you have given me.  I pray that I use them to your glory and honor.  And tomorrow, as we celebrate a day of Thanksgiving for many things, don't forget to give thanks for those who prepared the food as well as those who taught them how to prepare it.  Be thankful for ALL the wonderful blessings you have been given.  Just look around, there are more blessings around you than you can count, things you can see, do, feel, smell, touch, and the list goes on and on.  Enjoy your Turkey tomorrow, or what ever you enjoy celebrating life eating, and don't forget to give thanks. 

Blessings!

2 comments:

Jan Marie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Cindy! May the Lord bless you and your family! Blessings!! (P.S. Yum, yum!!)

Francie G. said...

After reading your post my mouth is watering! Sounds like you are a fabulous cook! Thanks for sharing!