Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Saturday, November 26, 2011

25 days of Thankfulness

Good Evening everyone! 
   Well, I know I am writing this a little late, but I have been so busy around here it's been silly.  My girlfriend is having surgery today and I offered to puppysit one of her dogs for her for several days.  Although I frequently sit dogs for other people, this one is what you might call a handful, as he is 1 1/2 years old, and my friend has neglected to train this pooch at all :)  So we are in major training sessions now  lol.  That on top of my cleaning, organizing and rearranging and we are enjoy life.  Go ahead and laugh.  That is what I am thankful for today.  Laughter, the ability to laugh, to live and laugh at life and just to smile.  There are so many I know that just grump their way through life, not enjoying a minute of the time they have been given here on earth.  On of my friends is that way, over all she seems to be happy, but when I reflect on our conversations, there are very few things she talks about that doesn't involve complaining.  On the other hand, I love to laugh, I love to smile.  Give me a happy romantic comedy movie any day.  I will laugh out loud, sometimes I think it embarrasses my hubby that I laugh, but other times I know it makes him smile.  Have you ever tried driving to work and smiling a BIG smile at everyone you see.  You will watch literally tens of faces transform into a smile.  Smiles are contagious, laughter is too.  Sometimes people don't know what to do when they see you smile, but they do smile back, but you can see their minds just a whirring trying to figure out what you are smiling at.  But it's my secret, and it makes me smile even more!  My secret?  I have someone who loves me unconditionally.  I know I will never be alone, and He would never want me to be sad.  He provides everything I absolutely need, and never lets me down.  Everything He does he does for my good.  That includes letting me make a few mistakes throughout my life -- OK, maybe more than a few lol.  But I know that he stayed by my side, even when I thought he was no where alone.  Just over 23 years ago years ago I rededicated my life to Him after a long detour of my own.  When I did that, he welcomed me back home with open arms.  Just like that story - The Prodigal daughter Son.  A while after that He arranged my meeting my now hubby, who is also a Christian, and the rest of the story is History.  I don't tend to keep my secret very closely guarded.  In fact I am willing to tell anyone who will listen.  Anyone can be happy all the time, or at least most of it.  Give your life to the most caring being you'll ever know.  He has many names, Father, God, King, and many many more.  He wrote a really awesome book too, if you enjoy reading and the stories in this book are phenomenal!  He has one true son as well, and many adopted.  I/we are some of His adopted.  I love God, my Father.  I want to please Him in every thing I do.  I want to make Him happy, and the only way I know to do that most continuously is to be happy and spread the happiness.  That is my secret.  Love God, Love yourself, Love your neighbor and you will smile most of your moments here on earth.  I hope and pray that your days are filled with laughter, that your sad days can look through and find His comfort and the happiness that can be shared as long as you share with Him.  Smile and enjoy the Laughter!

Blessings!

No comments: