Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yes, I know we are going into fall and not into spring, but I do so love coloring flowers and this tulip was calling my name and the prisma pencils and just a few copics. As you can see, it kind of has a sketchy type of feel to the stamp so I didn't want to do a "perfect" coloring job, but rather something that looked like it was being sketched in color as well.  A few of the challenges out there are looking for lots of layers, and if you look at this card, you can see it has lots of layers :)
My hubby supports my card making/playing part of life, but when I send out these cards they are so heavy with all the layers that it doubles and sometimes triples the price to send them as you well know.  And so does he!  He is always telling me to decrease the number of layers, save the trees, save the planet and save our life retirement.  He is just to funny sometimes.  I feel quite lucky that he supports me like he has over the last 20+ years of scrapping and card making.  Oh well, back to the card.  Here is the full picture of this one.
I never seem to have enough encouragement cards and keep making them as quick as I can.  This one and several similar took a few minutes to make, but they all look so very nice (IMPO)  I almost felt this needed a bow, but couldn't figure out where to put it without making everything look off balance or to cluttered.  Hope you enjoyed peeking at todays project.  Tomorrow I will be putting up the Art Log Journal that I made for Cori Beth.  Until then, have a wonderful evening. 

Blessings to all!
                         

1 comment:

Jan Marie said...

It's so very beautiful! Love your coloring and all of the filigree and layers! The wings of the bee are perfect! Just the right amount of sparkle! Blessings!