Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Distressed Thank You Card

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, ok, so my tomorrow morning is a day late, somehow the day just seems to get past me before I get a chance to do everything.  It also doesn't help because my computer is just a little old and VERY SLOW, so for me to even just pick up my email takes hours instead of minutes.  Oh well, no time to complian, and lots of time to smile :)

My card today is a Distress card  that I was originally doing for a challenge, but time ran out before I managed to get it finished.  As I played with this card I found a technique that I had forgotten about and wanted to play with again.  Here's the card.
I love to distress edges, I have a tool to do it with, but somehow it has gotten misplaced during my "cleaning up" process.  So this card was distressed with an open pair of scissors. I actually like the look of it better because sometimes the edge cuts the paper deeper and makes it really look distressed.  The designer papers are PTI, cs is Bazzil.  SB long rectangles in the second, third and fourth sizes.  I wanted to do some embossing, but embossing tends to give finished/polished look, not necessarily a distressed look.  So I took my VersaMark pen and just randomly stroked up the rough edges, then dipped it into the pile of EP in the container, and then immediately hit it with the Heat gun.  As soon as the EP melted I threw it back into the EP and heated it again, I moved the VM Pen to another side and then the corners and repeated this process until I have a very worn, distressed look in the EP's to match the rest of the distressed look. 


You can see some of the EP and destressing pretty well in the picture and the very sparkly EP.
To finish everything off as I lay the card together I pulled out a tape embellishment for lamps with dangling beads. 

It was the perfect fit for this with it's irregular sizes and looks.  I still needed just a touch of something for balance and a small bow was the final addition.

As I progressed through the card I also found other embellishments that added little touches here and there.  A couple of Spellbinder die cuts to give some 'umph' to the plain DP were inked and distressed.  The upper right hand corner still needed something so I found three small pearls up there to help give balance as well.  My final addition was the banner and Thank you stamp from LOC and the die from SB.  This was treated the same way that the larger pic of the flower was done.

Thanks for looking, and may each of you have a wonderfully blessed day :)

                                                 

No comments: