Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Friday, October 7, 2011

Still working on our pastor appreciation cards, this one is for our youth pastor.  It is for two challenges, the first is the ODBD metal, using AC foil paper in silver, with lots of silver filigree embossed over the front of the card using Ranger's SuperFine Silver EP.  Papers are old Renovation tack and buttons in sanded black and white.
A close up of the LOC Touch of Elegance filigree and MS punch to help the silver to shine through :)  The lower half of the card only was also misted with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Marshmallow spray for added sparkle.

The verse is from a vellum page I purchased years ago when it was hard to find stamps with verses on them.
A quick look at the inside.
Inside verse is Our Daily Bread Designs Lift Up Our Hands surrounded again by the LOC Touch of Elegance filigree stamp with room to sign.  The inside is Framed with lines using the scor-pal.  All ink used was Tim Holtz Distress Black Soot.  I wish you could see this card in person, it looks so much better than it does here.  Even my hubby likes this one alot.  Thanks for Looking :)

Blessings,
    Cindy Lou 

3 comments:

Mallika said...

U WON .. JACQUI MANGOLIA SENSATION
CONGRATS

Tamie said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation! I love what you did for our monochromatic challenge. The black and white is so effective. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Stacy Morgan said...

Great embossing around the border. I am sure your pastor will appreciate this. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Heavy Metal Challenge.