Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Monday, January 2, 2012

Recipe book

Good Afternoon Everyone!
  Today I would like to share a recipe book that I made.  I wanted to try some new techniques and it just worked out that I needed to work with heavy paper and chipboard to be sure everything would hold up.  So I played and played and really liked what I came out with in the end.  I am not normally a big Orangey color fan, but this worked out just fine :)

The first thing I tried (or should I say went back and did after several years of not) was playing with fine glitter.  I found a stencil that had a beautiful rooster on it and I wanted this Paper and glitter rooster to look as beautiful as my real roosters outside, so I went to putting one color down and then another, letting each one blend gently into the first.  Once I had the rooster finished to my liking, I needed a background that would be as outstanding as he was.  I wanted to try and make my colors/papers look somewhat like leather.  So starting with a medium yellow/orange print paper I began blending, distressing and blending again.  Until I finally had a back ground that I was happy with.  So my cover finished off looking like this:
A close up of the rooster at a different angle so you might be able to see all the colors and not quite so much glitter reflection:

The flower is a papertreyink flower die.  After the flowers were put together they were brushed with Lindsy's Gang mica magicals paints.
Page 1 with and without a recipe card:
Page 2  w/o recipe card:


The next page and the previous page have a new embossing technique I found on YouTube.  Using a stencil and stencil gel, you put your embossing powder on the gel and then heat to emboss the two together.  The result is phenomenal, check out this texture!  I love texture so this made me really happy :)


Again, playing with things, I put the dark EP on first, then put on the lighter, then put on the lightest to get the gradation of colors you see.  Here you can see the whole page both with and without a recipe card.

The flower is oil paint stenciled on canvas.
If you are looking close right now, you probably are noticing that I am using the same recipe card on each page, don't worry, when I finally give the book out, each page will have at least one different recipe per the type listed on top.  The next page looks much simpler, but you'll notice that I have yet again used the stencil gel/embossing powder technique on the medallions (I've added a close up at a different angle to hopefully make it easier to see.  I also tried distressing around it to make the stenciling/embossing more prevalent:


In addition to the Embossing, I also strung some waxed string through the small holes from the MS edge puncher, and also added some magic mesh in the upper right hand corner. The pocket as aged with distress inks as well. 
The next page shown with and w/o recipe card:

This page is just a lattice work set on a page and then embossing frost on the bottom.  Eyelash fringe lines the upper edge of the lattice.  I am not sure why the second picture washed out so much, but as you can tell by the previous pages, the first post of this page is the more correct color.  This page also has one of the PaperTreyInk flowers on it as well, and also a sizzix branch.  The stripes of darker color behind the lattice is washi tape that compliments all the colors of this album quite well.

The paper that I used had some areas that were more pink than orange, so I used them right along and just added some pink mica to the embossing on the more orangey page, then tied a piece of ribbon near the base of the open pocket.  The "dots" that you see are yet again some more stencil/gel/EP technique, the upper right corner is a pergamonno  stencil that I have embossed into the paper then lightly rubbed with Dried Marigold distress ink, the hen had to fit in somewhere for the handsome rooster on the front ;) and the flower is again a mica painted Papertreyink flower.
The back cover is just plain and "Sweet"  The recipes that I am putting in here are some of my fav's and have been recipes that I have honed until I can say that they are mine.  Recipes that my kids grew up with and will remind them of "Home Sweet Home".   Done again in the raised stencil gel with embossing powder.

The stamps of the chicken wire and the hens are from Layers of Color, the banners are SB, wording in  banners is from Recipe set obtained Years ago.  Most of the ribbon came from RRR, the rest I am not sure.  I haven't figured out who is going to get this yet, but I am sure now that it is made, someone will express a desire for it and will get it.  I had tons of fun experimenting with colors and techniques.  And can't wait to try some of them on cards.  Thanks for stopping by and looking, hopefully you enjoyed looking as  much as I enjoyed making.  Have a great day!

Blessings,






3 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Love your recipe book and you did a fabulous job on the rooster!

buglvr2010 said...

Awesome project! Thanks for joining us this week at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

gifts for men said...

I really inspire from this project.It really great and fabulous.Thanx to share with us this great project.Ribbons,Orange pages really increase beauty in this picture.