Welcome to my addiction!

Thank you for stopping in and looking around. I am an admitted paperholic and try to participate in all things stamped. In the past I have taught classes on unique techniques at our LSS and have loved every minute of it. My mind continues to want to create and share. I garner my inspiration from fellow bloggers, our LSS, and some of the horticulture magazines that come in the mail. Simple pleasures in life make me smile and that includes a simple yet elegant card or piece of paper that I see potential. Please feel free to share your work with me as I share my work with you. Enjoy your visit!



Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

The past few weeks have been crazy busy!  All the tomatoes in my garden got ready at the same time, so I put up (canned) 40 quart jars of tomato sauce.  There are still more tomatoes out there, but there is no more energy left in me.  In addition to the tomatoes, my green beans second sowing came in so I froze them after blanching and also Eggplant which I grilled and then froze for later use.  I still have more Eggplant to go.  Then on the lighter side I made some blackberry/strawberry/blueberry/raspberry jam, turned out very tasty!  Nothing better than fresh homemade jam :)  Then at the beginning of the week, Wal*mart had Georgia peaches in, so I bought 4.5 pounds and made peach jam.  Had to test that too, even though I don't care for peaches, and must admit that was tasty as well.  In between all of that, we went up to Michigan to hubby's families rental on Lake Michigan.  We had a blast there and best of all, the nice warm sand allowed me to easily balance and I actually walked more than 2 miles each day!  That was such a treat since I haven't walked more than 100' without pain since the accident in 2006.

 

 

 


But alas, amidst all the fun, I received an email that a dear friend's mother passed, and two days later our neighbor's father passed.  So once I got home it was time to make some cards. 

Both cards were to be sent to men, so I took a more masculine approach to the sympathy cards.  Using spellbinders and MFT dies, foil paper, Archiver's Navy Cardstock, a type of vellum I had recieved in my club scrap kit, and some unknown DP, this is what I came up with:


I used cuttlebug's fluer d'lis on the navy cardstock and the spellbinder's Impressibilities Fluer d' lis on the vellum.  Pearls are from the $1.00 bin at Archivers.  The silver accents in the corners don't photograph well, but you can see one corner that does show it fairly well.  The inside is just simply another spellbinder label 10 size 3 layered on a size 4 regular blue cs with a sentiment.  Today, I am hoping to participate in a tag challenge that is going on. We'll see how that goes, I have lots to do today again, more than I have time for, so playing with paper may not be in my schedule.  I am hoping though ;) Have a great day and hope to be back again soon!  Blessings.

No comments: